Initial Condition of Circular Shelf System
Before at Room Temperature, 20oC.
Circular Shelf System Graphic
A circular shelf system with two shelves is installed inside a large walk-in
drying oven. There is a 1 mm gap between the ceiling and the central support
pipe at room temperature of 20oC. The shelf system is designed
to support sixteen, 70 kg items (8 items on each shelf).
What is known:
- The pipe inside and outside diameter is 4.5 cm and 5.0 cm, respectively.
- Eight items are placed on each of the two shelves, giving a total
of 16 items. Each item has a mass of 70 kg.
- The oven temperature during the installation of the pipe and shelves is
- Oven temperature during operation is 50 oC.
- The Young's modulus and the coefficient of thermal expansion of the aluminum
pipe is 73 GPa and 23×10-6/oC, respectively.